Many of you have asked me to spill the beans about how I manage my time being a mom, working full-time, blogging, DIY projects, and just getting through the day to day activities in my life. I thought that I would do a mini-series of posts about how I manage different aspects of my life.
Time management is essential for me because I am being pulled in so many different directions on a daily basis. One minute I am working at my job, the next blogging, and the next I am helping my kids with homework or a last minute project.
Today I thought we would start at the beginning of a typical day and discuss tips about getting my butt out the door in the morning.
Prepping the Night Before - I can't tell you how important it is for me to prepare for the next day by working on it the night before. Let me explain:
I like my sleep, so anything to make my mornings go a little smoother gets my day off a good start.
- Prep the coffee pot on automatic brew so it's ready when I wake up (as you can see coffee is important to me in the morning since it's #1 on the list)
- Set out my outfit, accessories and shoes for the next day. I also visualize an alternative outfit in my head in case I am not feeling the outfit that I originally picked out.
- Pack my lunch and the kid's lunches the night before so all we have to do it grab them from the fridge and we are ready to go.
- Check the weather forecast. Yes, I am a dork and like to know what type of weather we could possibly be dealing with the next day. If there is snow, make sure the hats and gloves are ready. If there is rain, make sure the umbrellas and rain boots are handy. Just in case, you always need to be prepared.
- Gather my purse, school bags, etc. by the front door so all we have to do is grab it on the way out the door. I also have a car key holder by the front door to eliminate the "oh my gosh, where are my keys?" drama in the morning.
I think that's about it. These things may seem small, but they make a HUGE impact in making sure my mornings run smoothly.
Do you prepare for your mornings the night before? What are some of your getting out the door tips?
Next week I will discuss how I make time for blogging, Pinterest, and DIY projects. Got something you want me discuss? Let me know in the comments!